HOW FATHER MEANS...
A Father means so many things...
A understanding heart,
A source of strength and of support
Right from the very start.
A constant readiness to help
In a kind and thoughtful way.
With encouragement and forgiveness
No matter what comes your way.
A special generosity and always affection, too
A Father means so many things
When he's a man like you...
WHAT FATHER MEANS...
1. father, male parent, begetter -- (a male parent (also used as a term of address to your father); "his father was born in Atlanta")
2. forefather, father, sire -- (the founder of a family; "keep the faith of our forefathers")
3. Father, Padre -- (`Father' is a term of address for priests in some churches (especially the Roman Catholic Church or the Orthodox Catholic Church); `Padre' is frequently used in the military)
4. Church Father, Father of the Church, Father -- ((Christianity) any of about 70 theologians in the period from the 2nd to the 7th century whose writing established and confirmed official church doctrine; in the Roman Catholic Church some were later declared saints and became Doctor of the Church; the best known Lation Church Fathers are Ambrose, Augustine, Gregory the Great, and Jerome; those who wrote in Greek include Athanasius, Basil, Gregory Nazianzen, and John Chrysostom)
5. father -- (a person who holds an important or distinguished position in some organization; "the tennis fathers ruled in her favor"; "the city fathers endorsed the proposal")
6. Father, Father-God, Fatherhood -- (God when considered as the first person in the Trinity; "hear our prayers, Heavenly Father")
7. founder, beginner, founding father, father -- (a person who founds or establishes some institution; "George Washington is the father of his country")
8. don, father -- (the head of an organized crime family)
DEFINITION OF FATHER...
A prayer that Jesus taught his disciples and recorded in Matthew 6:9-13 and Luke 11:2-4.
"Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be your name;
Your kingdom come,
Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Source: Youth Update Glossary, St. Anthony Messenger Press, 2002.