1. As we know by now that, 1 gram of fat yields 9
Calories of energy where as 1 gram of carbohydrate or
protein yields 4 Calories of energy. If one can't keep track
about his daily food intake and Calorie intake, he should
reduce his fat intake. In a study it was seen that weight
for taking low fat diet is reducing three times than taking
normal low Calorie food.
2. Pectin is a kind of fiber found in apple has been
found to increase and prolong the feeling of fullness after
eating in people of normal weight. Apple has good nutrients
also. So, it is a good practice to have an apple after a
3. Some fat replacement items that keeps the quality
and taste of the food but not Calorie: such as Calories
cellulose gel Avicel, Carrageenan (made from seaweed) guar
gum, and gum Arabic. We do not recommend those for common
4. There are mainly two kinds of fat. Saturated fat
and unsaturated fat. excess saturated fat is harmful for
health. All fat food has those two types of fats in
different proportions. Lower the saturated fat better
quality of fat that is.
5. Sugar intake may be substituted by saccharin,
aspartame (Nutra - sweet) and acesulfame K (Sweet One). But,
a recently developed sucralose (Splenda) is the perhaps the
best among the lot. This sucralose does not leave the bitter
aftertaste like other artificial sweeteners. Another
important brand for sugar substitute is " Sugar
6. Calorie intake should match with Calorie
consumption. One should take a little more Calorie than
Calorie consumption daily.
7. Roast or Grill meat to reduce fat. Tanduri is also
good in this respect.
8. Try to Use non-stick pans to use less oil or
9. Refrigerate all fat items and remove the congealed
fat before re-heating. Trim all visible fat from the meat.
10. Examples of low fat and low Calorie items:
Cucumber, Cabbage, Broccoli, Celery, Lemon, Lettuce, Melon,
and Raw Mushrooms. To check exact Calorie content and for
other low calorie items see chart above. ( for exact calorie
content see table I above)
11. Examples of High fat and High Calorie item:
Butter, Oil, Margarine, Cheese, Pork, and Lamb etc. these
items should be avoided as much as possible. ( For exact
calorie content see Table II above).
Note: Our suggestions are not final and conclusive. For more
accurate personalized suggestion you should contact with